Monday, May 08, 2006

Thank you, Cassie!


If you haven't
bought an Emergency Sock Kit from Cassie yet, you should. One appeared in my mailbox on Friday and by Saturday evening it was loaded and ensconced in my messenger bag. The design is perfect. It's the kind of thing where you realize you've needed one of these for years. The measurements, proportions, seam quality, fabric -- everything is just as it should be.

I've filled mine with a length of sock yarn to use for provisional casting on and for basting around the toes when fitting a new pair to an unfamiliar set of feet. I have an array of stitch holders and markers, a row counter, a crochet hook, a yarn needle, a pencil and a pen for scribbling notes, a size 2 US for casting on, a set of size 1 US for knitting, and a ruler. I have been scouring the house for my travel snips but think they have disappeared into DD's room, aka The Black Hole...

Of course DD tried to sweet-talk me into giving her the ESK, but I won that battle. The gators, however, have decided that if I won't give it to them for their swamp I should at least use it while knitting a few more skins to stuff and embroider.