Friday, December 02, 2005

A quick bag

The camera and I are still getting used to each other, so a few posts are written but waiting for pictures. Some are simply too serious and need to rest a bit before editing.

In the meantime, here are before and after photos of a quick bag I made for DD's history teacher. 82 stitches, Elann's Peruvian Collection Highland Pilling Wool, size 4.5 mm needle for the purse knit flat, US#5's for the I-cord.

Long-tail cast-on, a few rows of garter, BW1 Fretwork for one repeat, a ridge of garter for the bottom edge fold, mitered triple decreases at the corners to form the base, three-needle bind-off, mattress stitch for the side seam. Once through the washer and dryer with a load of laundry. I-cord washed in a net bag and attached and spliced after fulling.

And, the reason I'm using up the Highland Wool for fulled bags: world of pill. DD's Rogue is lovely, I like the hand of the fabric, the yarn felt good to knit, but it pills to the nth. We've pulled handsful of pills off the poor blighter and there's no end in sight. She's wearing it anyway because the pattern is so comfy, but I had to get a De-fuzz-it from Claudia. The yarn does full beautifully.