Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A lovely person

My friend Alice Peacock is going to be on the Prairie Home Companion on Saturday! She is a true gem of a person, one of those rare individuals whom everyone likes. Good music, too.

My new computer arrived today, but DH also got back from overseas so I haven't had time to set it up. Should be able to process some photos and do some better blog posts in the next few days.

I was wishing I had the camera today when I had a Cathy moment. DD and I were walking home from the library and saw a falcon doing an odd hover and squawking in an irritable, nagging way. Another falcon flew over, grabbed in mid-flight the food dropped by the hovering one, then flew to the hole in an empty house where last year there was a starling nest. We have baby falcons! They raised at least one chick to full size last year, but they lived in the next town (we'd see them flying home). Glad they've come to stay!

DD and I were standing there feeling so lucky to see the falcons, and then twenty pelicans flew right overhead in close formation. Life doesn't get any better than that!